Saturday, June 17, 2006

I "Heart" the Dollar Tree!




Without the dollar store, I literally would not have survived that past couple of years! Or I would have just had bad breath, rotten teeth, stinky pits, dirty (limp) hair, dirty laundry, various hygiene issues and a lot less food to eat. What, with a husband getting laid off and gasoline prices going through the "sun" roof, etc.. The dollar store has carried us through many times of crisis. And yes, I used to be one of those (yuppie) Mom's that had no problem paying over $3.00 for a tube of toothpaste and the list goes on, but that was pre- 9/11, pre- layoff, pre- over $3.00 a gallon gasoline. I've been forced to discovered the almighty "Dollar Store". I now live that dollar store reality/mentality. Hey, how do you know when you're really, really broke? It's when you can't even afford something at the dollar store and let me tell ya, I've been there, as I'm sure many of you have. I think even if I do gain access to more money in the future. such as a bigger paycheck or just "a" paycheck, I swear, as God is my witness, I will continue to shop at the dollar store. It just makes good sense! Who knows, I may also make a dress out of curtains (ie: Scarlett O'Hara). So anyway, check out the nearest and dearest Dollar Tree/99cent store (whatever), near you and cross off some of those items on your grocery list and save LOTS AND LOTS OF MOOLA too!

Happy shopping ya'll,
Stacey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog. You should post more often, as your content is great.

Aloha,

Jeff

Becky and Stacey said...

Thanks Jeff! I am making a commitment to post on my blogs regularly from now on! Or, as long as I can continue to afford my internet service, lol! Thanks!