Sunday, September 05, 2010

Summer Time Veggies and Farmer's Market!

We're having an amazingly mild summer here in Northern California! One of my favoritie things to do every Saturday morning is go to the Farmer's Market here in Morgan Hill. I live downtown so it's literally right around the corner!

I had $20 bucks in my pocket so this is what I got! Aren't they beautiful? I laid them all out on my kitchen table and took this picture. Love all the colors of nature up against my red table!

Last night I made this simple, fresh green bean salad which I will probably eat with grilled salmon tonight, ahhhh! Delish and.... cheap chic!!!

Marinated Green Bean Salad

1 pound of fresh green beans (rinsed, trimmed and cut)
1 cup of cherry tomatoes (rinsed and cut in half)
1 small sweet white onion (cut into thin slivers) Purple onion works well too
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (I used Newman's own)

Boil a pot of water and toss in the beans. Let them cook about 3 minutes. Then drain them and rinse with cool water. Place them in a bowl (a pretty bowl is best, lol) with the tomatoes, onions and dressing. Mix to coat with the salad dressing. Refrigerate over night. I re-toss them a couple of more times through out the night to make sure all the beans get marinated well. So crispy, so light, so healthy! Goes well with any meal! Enjoy! :)

No comments: